Download for Kernel 2.6.x
The revision number is 1.68, for use with Linux kernel 2.6.23.
If you need a release for an earlier kernel version, check the SF
downloads page and read the release notes.
- Download the tarball and untar it in a convenient spot.
- To compile this, you need a set of configured kernel sources. The
driver only works with kernel version 2.6.x. The kernel build process
for modules requires that you have write permission in the kernel
tree. The best way to deal with this is to compile your kernel as a
normal user, in your home directory. That same user may then compile
the exaudio module.
- Be sure to use a version of gcc that agrees with the instructions
in Documentation/Changes in your kernel sources.
- Compile the modules by typing, 'make'. If the make fails, you may
need to set the 'KERNEL_SRC' variable in the Makefile. Also, you may
need to add one or more of the following options to the make command
line (see the main page
for an explanation):
- As root, do 'insmod ./exaudio.ko' to load the driver. The driver
will use the next available dsp and mixer devices. To see the messages
and find out which devices are used, type:
grep exaudio /var/log/*
If you load both drivers, you should load them in this order
- insmod ./exaudio_remote.ko
- insmod ./exaudio.ko
- The sources include a simple script called load.sh to load
the modules and create the IR device node. To run it, in the exaudio
directory, as root type